The washing machine is a beast. It eliminates dirt, stains, & bacteria from your clothes and does not expect anything in return. As time passes, soap scum and dirt accumulate. If you’ve never cleaned your washer, then a thorough scrub is long overdue. Learn these tricks on how to clean your washing machine and to clean a top-loading or front-loading washer.
Also Read: Washing Machine Not Draining
Best Way to Clean Your Washing Machine:
How Should I Clean My Washing Machine’s Exterior?
- Take off the knobs on the control if they are removed, then wash the knobs in the sink.
- Clean the exterior washer with a microfiber towel and an all-purpose washing machine cleaner.
- Suppose you have someone who can assist, move the machine from the wall, and vacuum it up behind it. There are some machines with wheels in the back. Try tilting the front of the machine so the rear wheels are in contact with the ground.
- Examine the water supply pipes for wear or cracks. If you find any damaged hoses, replace them to prevent a leak and subsequent water damage, and that is how to clean your washing machine.
How Should I Clean My Washing Machine’s Interior?
- Get rid of any pieces you can take to the sink to wash, like your soap dish.
- Use a towel or a toothbrush, and then white vinegar to clean the crevices in the machine.
- Also, clean the smaller parts. If you can’t take the soap tray out and fill it with vinegar, then place it in the tray and let it soak while you wash other parts in the device. If your front-loading washer is fitted with a rubber gasket, apply vinegar to a cloth to clean it, and that is how to clean your washing machine.
- Suppose you are unaware of how to clean your washing machine. Some washing machines come with traps to collect hair and other debris. You can find it inside the vertical agitator of top-loading washers and cleanse it using vinegar. Refer to the user’s manual for more information on the location of it or if the machine you’re using has one.
- Front-loading washers might include a door that collects buttons, coins, and other small pieces of debris. Check for ports or doors that could let you access this space for cleaning. Some washers aren’t fitted with this feature.
What Do You Need to Know about Cleaning a Stinky Washer?
If you are unaware of how to clean your washing machine, then there are many special products that you can purchase to get rid of bad smells from the washing machine. You should opt for the natural option and make use of common household items instead.
White vinegar and baking soda are two items you require, so get the latter, add about 1/4 to 1 cup of water, and put this mixture into the detergent dispenser of your washer. Then, take two cups of vinegar and add them to the drum. Then start a high-temperature cycle and then empty the machine. Vinegar and baking soda, together with the heat, will eliminate all unpleasant odors and make your appliance fresh and clean.
What Can You Run Through Your Washer to Wash It?
If you find that the baking soda and vinegar solution aren’t working, or if you want something a little punchier, you can try something different.
There are some washing machine cleaning solutions available that assure you to eliminate the smell of mold, and unpleasant odors, and get rid of limescale. However, if you’re up with cleaning your machine, keep the door unlocked between washes and give it proper care and respect. You shouldn’t need to resort to harmful chemicals every so often. That is good for all counts.